Research and policy papers from Luke’s Place
- The Special Needs of Survivors of Family Violence in the Family Court Process: Comments on Justice Annemarie E. Bonkalo’s Report “Family Legal Services Review” submitted by Luke’s Place and the Barbra Schlifer Clinic
- Going the Distance: Supporting Rural and Remote Survivors with Family Law Issues
- The Technological and Related Considerations of a Virtual Legal Clinic for Women who have Experienced Violence
- It Shouldn’t Be This Hard: A gender-based analysis of family law, family court and violence against women
- Towards a Centre of Excellence: A Think Tank Discussion about Violence Against Women and Family Law
- The Impacts of Recent Law Reforms on Abused Women Involved in the Family Court Process in Ontario
- Study on the Experiences of Abused Women in the Family Courts in Eight Regions in Ontario
- Final report: Needs Assessment and Gap Analysis for Abused Women Unrepresented in the Family Law System
- Research report: A Needs Gap Assessment Report on Abused Women Without Legal Representation in the Family Courts
- Through the Looking Glass – The Experiences of Unrepresented Abused Women in Family Court
- In the Centre of the Storm – Durham Speaks Out: A Community Response to Custody and Access Issues Affecting Woman About Survivors and Their Children
Presentations by Luke’s Place
- Online presentation: Managing Violence Against Women Work-related Stress
From Luke’s Place Legal Director, Pamela Cross
Pamela Cross is a feminist lawyer. She is a well-known and respected expert on violence against women and the law and widely respected for her work as a researcher, writer, educator and trainer. Read Pamela’s biography.
She is a frequent speaker at provincial, national and international conferences and can be contacted via email.
Pamela is not able to provide assistance or legal advice in individual cases. For information about the mandate and services of Luke’s Place and about family court support services available across Ontario to victims of domestic violence, please visit our section For Women.
For more of Pamela’s legal analysis, read her postings in our Legal Information and News section.