Luke’s Place offers a number of training options for service providers who are supporting abused women through the family court.
We can tailor a training to suit your needs, for example:
- keynote speaker for a conference or community event
- organize a training to introduce participants to general issues related to violence against women and family law/court
- provide online resources through our LukesPlaceTraining.ca website
- provide your staff with an update to support them in their work
- in-depth training for your staff on these topics
Topics we cover include:
- Gender-based analysis of violence against women, family law and family court
- Intersections between family law/court and criminal law/court
- Intersections between family law and immigration law
- Separation violence and family court
- Providing support to women who do not have a lawyer
- Working effectively with lawyers and court officials
- Marriage/divorce/common-law relationships
- Court-related safety planning
- Family court process, step by step
- Custody and access
- Child and spousal support
- Division of property
- Domestic contracts
- Child protection
- Emergency motions
- Managing the work
Our legal director and lead trainer is Pamela Cross. Read Pamela’s biography.
Here’s what participants have to say about training by Luke’s Place.
- “Excellent workshop. Pamela is such a good speaker and so knowledgeable.”
- “Very informative. Valuable information. Always refreshing. Truly a remarkable presentation. So helpful in the work we do.”
- “Would love to continue to have these training opportunities. Very useful and helpful.
- “Helpful to have info in lay terms.”
- “I can’t say enough about how helpful this was and how everything was put together in such an organized way. It left no stone unturned and being so busy, this will help immensely. I am so grateful for this opportunity.”
- “This training is going to provide much needed knowledge to our community.”
Our costs are:
- Keynote/1/2 day presentation:
- Full day training:
- $2,000 (includes access to extensive online resources and materials)
- $1,500 (without online access)
- Two day training:
- $3,000 (includes access to extensive online resources and materials)
- $2,500 (without online access)
Note: Trainer travel and accommodation costs are additional.
Contact admin @ lukesplace.ca or 1.866.516.3116 to discuss your training options.