Luke’s Place can help you get through the family court process.
Family court can be confusing and frightening. There are many rules and requirements. There are forms to complete, evidence to gather and appointments to attend.
For a woman who has left an abusive relationship, this can be a very hard time. Abuse does not always end at separation. Sometimes the abuser uses the family court process to make a woman’s life more difficult and more dangerous.
All our services for abused women are free.
- Our Legal Support Workers and Family Court Support Workers provide legal information and can go with you to court and lawyer appointments.
- For a woman who cannot afford a lawyer, our Pro Bono Summary Advice Clinic provides summary legal advice and helps prepare your history, evidence and forms.
- We offer various group sessions that provide peer support, legal information and tips on the family law system.
- We have a resource library with material on a variety of issues that women face when they leave an abusive relationship.
- For women in rural and remote regions of Ontario, Luke’s Place offers a Virtual Legal Clinic. Women using participating shelter services can receive free legal advice from a lawyer by video-conferencing.
These services are available thanks to the support of…