Legal & family court support
If you are a woman living in Durham Region, meet with one of our Family Court Support Workers to…
- Tell your story to someone who understands woman abuse and family law issues
- Be accompanied to court and to lawyer appointments within the Durham Region (Ajax, Brock, Clarington, Oshawa, Pickering, Scugog, Uxbridge and Whitby)
- Discuss what happens in court and lawyer appointments
- Be supported in recovering from abuse
- Get referrals to other services
- Identify your needs and priorities
- Set realistic goals
- Figure out ways to keep you and your children safe
- The family law procedures that matter to your case
- How the family court process works
- How to prepare for appointments with lawyers and the court
- How to complete legal documents
- How to effectively work with your lawyer
New to our services?
If you are new to our services, we invite you to drop by our location at 707 Simcoe Street South in Oshawa on Mondays from 9:30am-3pm to learn how we can help you. We also are available Monday - Friday, on the 5th floor of the Oshawa Family Courthouse (150 Bond Street East) for first come, first serve walk-in services.
Located elsewhere in Ontario?
If you live elsewhere in Ontario, find support in your area on our map of family law support services or visit this listing of Family Court Support Workers. We can also connect you to a lawyer for free summary family law legal advice through our Virtual Legal Clinic.