Legal & family court support
If you are a woman living in Durham Region, meet with one of our Family Court Support Workers to…
- Tell your story to someone who understands woman abuse and family law issues
- Be accompanied to court and to lawyer appointments within the Durham Region (Ajax, Brock, Clarington, Oshawa, Pickering, Scugog, Uxbridge and Whitby)
- Discuss what happens in court and lawyer appointments
- Be supported in recovering from abuse
- Get referrals to other services
- Be supported in seeking an emergency order from the court
- Identify your needs and priorities
- Set realistic goals
- Figure out ways to keep you and your children safe
- The family law procedures that matter to your case
- How the family court process works
- How to prepare for appointments with lawyers and the court
- How to complete legal documents
- How to effectively work with your lawyer
Call us at 905.728.0978 ext.235 or toll free at 1.866.516.3116 ext.235, or email us to learn more or book an appointment. . Appointments are currently being offered in-person at our offices in Oshawa and Ajax or virtually, both by appointment only. Walk-in services are available at our Courthouse office on Monday (9:30am-4:30pm), Wednesday (9:00am-12:30pm) and Friday (9:30am-4:30pm).
New to our services?
If you are new to our services, we invite you to call us at 905.728.0978 ext.235 or toll-free at 1.866.516.3116 ext.235 or email us to learn more or book an appointment. We are not currently offering any drop-in services at our Oshawa office. Walk-in services are available at our Courthouse office on Monday (9:30am-4:30pm), Wednesday (9:00am-12:30pm) and Friday (9:30am-4:30pm) on a first-come, first-served basis.
Located elsewhere in Ontario?
If you live elsewhere in Ontario, find support in your area by visiting this listing of Family Court Support Workers. We can also connect you to a family law lawyer for free summary legal advice through our Legal Clinic.
We use the term women to include all self-identified women (including two-spirited, cisgender or transgender women) 16 years of age and older.