If you are a newcomer to Canada or have sponsored your partner to come to Canada, immigration issues may arise when you and your partner separate.
These can have an impact on your family law case, and your family law case can have an impact on your immigration status.
Check out our section on Family Court and Beyond for information for newcomer women.
- Free language interpretation services for abuse survivors
- Why you need a lawyer
- What to do about family law issues
- What to do if you have been charged with breaking the law
On this website, we also have information on…
- Challenges for newcomer women who want to leave their partners
- Can a woman who does not have status stay in Canada if her child is born here?