Luke’s Place, based in Oshawa, Ontario is seeking a full-time (18-month parental leave coverage) experienced Communications Coordinator to provide professional support to the Communications team. We are an award-winning centre of excellence in family law support for women who have been subjected to intimate partner abuse. We provide direct service to hundreds of women and their children across Ontario every year and share our expertise with thousands of service providers through training programs, resources, tools, research, and mentoring.
Who You Are:
You are a talented and professional Communications Coordinator (minimum 2-3 years’ experience) seeking to join a diverse and dynamic team. Your duties will be multi-faceted, and you bring excellent professional skills to this role.
You will help create promotional materials, manage our websites, create effective social media campaigns, develop, and write an e-newsletter, as well as manage a weekly blog. You possess superb written skills and have experience writing grant proposals for not-for-profit organizations. Experience with website design, search engine optimization and graphic design is an asset.
- Assisting the Communications Manager in developing and implementing a communications strategy
- Writing of funding proposals
- Writing of content for both print and Web including but not limited to the website, blog, newsletter, e-mailers, social media, media releases, and brochures
- Managing social medial calendar and posting valuable, shareable content regularly
- Monitoring social media and online presence
- Coordinating and executing e-mail campaigns, meeting deadlines, following timelines, and ensuring uniformity of content/messaging
- Designing and editing graphics for print and digital as needed
- Ensuring all communication materials reflect organization brand and standards
- Maintaining communications toolkit
- Creating and disseminating communications with internal team members and external stakeholders
- Any other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related post-secondary degree
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a marketing or communications position.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, a feminist intersectional, gender-based analysis of GBV/woman abuse and anti-oppression values
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Experience using social media in fundraising and communications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn). Desktop publishing, graphic design, and website design a plus
- Tech-savvy, with proven experience in managing all hosting functions of virtual meetings.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365, Zoom, Adobe, Constant Contact, WordPress and SurveyMonkey, with demonstrated skills in creating, editing, and sharing documents
- Proven ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
Luke’s Place offers:
- A flexible work environment that allows for work/life balance
- Competitive salary range ($50,000 – $54,000), health and wellness spending account, and vacation entitlement
- The opportunity to support a dedicated and passionate team working to address critical needs in the community
- Luke’s Place, in accordance with its gender responsive anti-oppressive framework, welcomes and encourages applications from self-identified women, including two-spirit, cisgender or transgender women of all races, ethnic origins, religions and sexual orientation. We are committed to developing a team that reflects the diversity of our community. In adherence to the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians Act 2005, and Luke’s Place equity policy, accommodation will be provided during all parts of the hiring process upon request to applicants with disabilities. Please advise if you require accommodation if contacted
- Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to the attention of Laura Oliver, Fund Development and Communications Manager at email@example.com by December 2, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please