Luke’s Place is seeking a creative fund development and/or marketing professional to engage the community, corporations and foundations in supporting our innovative programs and services.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic individual with experience in community fundraising engagement, corporate and foundation campaigns and individual giving. This position will be of interest to a strategic communicator with a strong marketing orientation and the ability to convey key messages and create connections in person and through a variety of media.
If you are hands-on, self-motivated, with superior communication and organizational skills to get the job done within required timelines, please review the responsibilities below and to see if you are the right person to help our organization to grow and diversify its fund development program.
- Collaborate on the development and execution of the agency’s annual fund development, marketing and communications plan.
- Support the Board of Directors, its Fund Development Committee and the Executive Director in fund development and community engagement activities.
- Develop opportunities for community businesses and organizations to engage in activities and events that generate financial support.
- Research, identify, solicit, and cultivate the support of corporations and foundations through appeals, proposals, grant applications and stewardship reports.
- Develop programs to encourage individuals to support our services through monthly giving and personal contributions.
- Design and implement a promotional strategy to generate increased awareness and visibility for Luke’s Place through a variety of media including website, social media, traditional media and community outreach activities.
- Represent the organization, speaking at events, community activities and with partners, stakeholders and other constituents.
- Create collateral fundraising materials including key messages, case statements, proposals, thank-you letters and other fundraising communications as required.
- Generate and provide regular reports on fund development and marketing activities and results.
This is currently a part-time position. The status of this position will be re-assessed in 2019. It requires approximately 21 hours per week of availability during days, evenings and possibly weekends. Time will be divided between our office and the Durham community. Therefore, use of a vehicle is necessary.
Financial compensation is based on a competitive hourly rate depending upon experience and qualifications.
The position is ideally suited for someone who is results-oriented, and enjoys flexible hours and creating their own work schedule. This is a unique opportunity to expand on recent successes and become a member of a dedicated and passionate feminist team working to address critical needs in the community.
Luke’s Place is the only stand-alone family law support centre for women who have been subjected to abuse in Canada. It provides direct services to hundreds of women and their children in Durham Region every year and shares its expertise with thousands of service providers across Ontario through training programs, resources, tools and mentoring. It is a recognized leader for improving the understanding of violence against women and its implications in the family law context and is a two time recipient of the Attorney General Victim Services Award of Distinction.
Luke’s Place, in accordance with its gender responsive anti-racism and anti-oppression framework, welcomes applications from people who reflect the diversity of our community.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to the attention of Carol Barkwell, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday November 23, 2018. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.