About the organization:
Luke’s Place is an award-winning centre of excellence in family law support for women who have been subjected to intimate partner violence. We provide legal support services and summary legal services to hundreds of women and their children across Ontario every year and share our expertise with thousands of service providers.
Luke’s Place conducts research to understand the impact of legal and related systems and processes on women’s lives. We engage in advocacy to share these findings and improve these systems and processes. Luke’s Place envisions a family law system that promotes healthy safe families, living free from abuse, and the threat of abuse.
We value our staff:
Working at Luke’s Place means that you will enjoy a collaborative and dynamic work environment. We provide you with work that is engaging and impactful while promoting the health and wellness of our team. We also provide:
- A flexible work environment that allows for work/life balance
- Opportunities to be mentored by cross functional teams
- Salary range $65,000 – $70,000 based on qualifications and experience
- Competitive vacation allowance
- A Health Care spending account
- Hybrid working environment of 4 days in person and 1 day remote
- The opportunity to become a member of a dedicated and passionate team working innovatively to address critical needs in the community
Luke’s Place is seeking a full-time Program Manager of Women’s Direct Services who possesses a minimum of 3 years of experience. You will provide professional support to the delivery of innovative programs and services to women who have been subjected to intimate partner abuse. The Program Manager will be responsible for the management of the Women’s Direct Services Program while supporting the agency’s strategic and operational plans. The Program Manager will supervise and mentor staff, students, and volunteers.
This role is integral to our Legal Support Worker/Family Court Support Worker program. This role is primarily based out of our Oshawa, Ontario office and requires an onsite (in person) presence. We also have satellite offices in Ajax and at the Durham Family Court where you will work periodically.
You will succeed at Luke’s Place if you are:
Excellent Communicator – you bring with you the ability to quickly build rapport with families, volunteers, and inhouse teams. Your verbal style must be confident, reassuring, positive, and clear.
Proven Project Manager – you have successfully implemented innovative projects and you are an adept case manager.
Independent – you are self-motivated and manage your time well. As a key go-to person in the organization you must be able to organize and reorganize your day to meet often conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Manage programs and services within a results-based management framework
- Administer agency policies, procedures, guidelines, and budget allowances
- Implement annual program plan
- Support the implementation of the organizations strategic and operational plans
- Recruit and hire women’s direct service staff, students, and volunteers. Ensure scheduling of all programming is completed
- Supervise and support staff, students, and volunteers in service delivery, client-centred empowerment, and trauma informed model of case management
- Develop and implement plans for initial and ongoing staff training and development
- Lead and provide opportunities for staff and volunteers to collaborate in the ongoing development and delivery of programs and services
- Collaborate, coordinate, and consult with the Luke’s Place leadership team and stakeholder groups
- Support and maintain comprehensive documentation and statistical systems
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Four to six years of demonstrated experience in supervision of staff and volunteers, program development and coordination.
- Degree in social work, women’s studies or related /equivalent education that includes:
- Formal case management skills
- Counselling and facilitation skills
- Research and statistical analysis
- Sound knowledge of, and commitment to, feminist, intersectional, decolonizing, trauma-informed analysis of gender-based violence and anti-oppression values
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of gender-based violence and knowledge of the family law system and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and commitment to address questions and concerns in a timely manner with volunteers, staff, lawyers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Superior time management and organizational skills to implement multiple project work plans and professional experience in project coordination
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a leadership team
- Intermediate to advanced skills with computer applications including the MS Office Suite and case management software
- Grant and report writing experience an asset
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening)
Our Guiding Principles:
These are the core values that we operate under and the base expectations we all hold each other accountable to. They give some context to how we work independently as well as together.
- Women and their children have the right to be safe and family law should promote and provide this safety
- Addressing violence against women requires an intersectional feminist approach
- Women’s stories of their lived experience shape and direct our work
- Violence against women is a global social reality. Ending it is a global social responsibility
- Our direct service work grounds our knowledge mobilization work and our systemic advocacy
Luke’s Place, in accordance with its gender responsive anti-oppressive framework, welcomes and encourages applications from women, especially within equity seeking groups. We use the term women to include all self-identified women including two-spirited, non-binary, cisgender, or transgender women.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification outlined but read this posting with excitement.
Priority will be given to candidates with experience related to Violence Against Women.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to Katherine Taylor at email@example.com.
At Luke’s Place we are committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment. In accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Right Code, we encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform the representative from Taylor McMahon of any accommodations you may require to ensure your equal participation.
We look forward to hearing from you!