Luke’s Place Direct Service Program Manager Job Posting – Maternity Leave
Luke’s Place is seeking a full-time experienced, collaborative manager to coordinate the delivery of its innovative direct service programs and services in Durham Region.
About Luke’s Place:
Luke’s Place is the only stand-alone family law support centre in Canada for women who have been subjected to intimate partner abuse. It provides direct services to hundreds of women and their children in Durham Region every year and shares its expertise with thousands of service providers across Ontario through training programs, resources, tools, research and mentoring. Our service delivery model has been leveraged by more than a 100 organizations throughout the province seeking to deliver similar services as well as by the Ministry of the Attorney General in the development of the Family Court Support Worker Program.
- Manage programs and services within a results-based management framework and agency policies, procedures, guidelines and budget allowances.
- Implement annual program plan.
- Support the implementation of the organizations strategic and operational plans.
- Assigning or recruiting staff, students and volunteers.
- Supervise and support staff, students and volunteers in service delivery and client-centred empowerment model of case management.
- Develop and implement plans for initial and ongoing staff training and development.
- Support well-being of staff, students and volunteers by fostering and encouraging a positive working environment.
- Lead in and provide opportunities for staff and volunteers to collaborate in the ongoing development and delivery of programs and services.
- Coordinate and co-facilitate consultation with stakeholder groups.
- Support and maintain a comprehensive documentation and statistical systems.
- Generate and provide regular reports on program activities and results.
- Organized and energetic professional with demonstrated experience in supervision of staff and volunteers, program development and coordination (3-5 years experience).
- Degree in social work, women’s studies or related /equivalent education that includes:
- Research and statistical analysis component.
- Formal case management education and training.
- Understanding and commitment to a feminist, intersectional, gender based analysis of woman abuse and anti-oppression values are essential.
- Knowledge of family law process and issues faced by woman abuse survivors within the family law system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, commitment to address questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Superior time management and organizational skills to implement multiple project work plans; professional experience in project coordination.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a management team.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with computer applications [i.e. Microsoft Office].
- Grant writing and reporting experience an asset.
Luke’s Place offers:
- A flexible work environment that allows for work/life balance.
- Competitive salary and vacation entitlement.
- The opportunity to support a dedicated and passionate team working to address critical needs in the community.
- Luke’s Place in accordance with its gender responsive anti-oppressive framework, welcomes and encourages applications from women of all races, ethnic origins, religions and sexual orientation. We are committed to developing a team that reflects the diversity of our community. In adherence to the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians Act 2005, and Luke’s Place equity policy, accommodation will be provided during all parts of the hiring process upon request to applicants with disabilities. Please advise if you require accommodation if contacted.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to the attention of Carol Barkwell, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 7, 2019. Target start date is Monday July 8, 2019.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.