Luke’s Place provides family law training for service providers in Hamilton
Luke’s Place recently completed its first family law training of 2013 in Hamilton, Ontario. With 39 participants from 20 agencies in and around the Hamilton region, it was a wonderful opportunity for learning and networking.
This vibrant group spent time discussing many aspects of family law and family court, and how best to support women through the family court process. Day three gave participants the opportunity to learn about running workshops in their home communities aimed at women who have experienced abuse, and included conversations around everything from workshop facilitation to logistical planning to teaching for adults who have experienced trauma.
This group was also the first to have access to the newly-launched Luke’s Place online resources: all training participants now have access to a host of training materials and resources that relate to discussions and issues covered in the training session.
Participants were impressed by the training, as their comments clearly show:
- “Great training with lots of very useful information!”
- “Extensive material. Well presented. Knowledgeable presenter.”
- “Excellent! I am now feeling more confident when assisting women through the court process.”
- “Thank you for the acknowledgement that our jobs are demanding. Your assistance is a great tool to help.”
- “The clarity and simplicity with which the material was presented to make it easier to understand.”
- “Thank you! So happy to attend a training. I’ve wanted to attend this training for a while.”
There are seven more trainings to come by the end of 2014, keep watching our site for details on upcoming trainings in your community.
If you have any questions about our trainings, please see our promotional material here or email email@example.com