Luke’s Place offers a variety of supports to women and their advocates in Ontario during the pandemic
If you are in Durham Region
(Ajax, Brock, Clarington, Oshawa, Pickering, Scugog, Uxbridge and Whitby) Contact us at 905-728-0978 ext. 235 Monday to Friday 9 am to 4:30 pm for and Intake Assessment. Luke’s Place is offering both virtual and in-person:
- Individual consultations over the phone with Legal/Family Court Support Workers
- Free summary legal advice from family law lawyers available via phone or video conferencing
- Information and assistance with court documents
- Virtual legal information group sessions on a range of topics
Our Oshawa office is open to in-person services by appointment only. Walk-in services are available at our Courthouse office on Monday (9:30am-4:30pm), Wednesday (9:00am-12:30pm) and Friday (9:30am-4:30pm). Group programs are currently offered virtually.
If you are elsewhere in Ontario
- Women can access a family law lawyer for free summary legal advice through our Virtual Legal Clinic. To book an appointment, call us 1-866-516-3116 ext. 235, or email intake@LukesPlace.ca
- Find your local women’s organization for support, referrals to community services and information on your rights.
- Family law support services are available in communities throughout Ontario. Learn more about Family Court Support Workers on the government’s site, or check out our map to find support your area.
Other resources for women
- Social distancing? Safety planning tips for women living with an abusive partner
- Our Family Court Operations guides you through dealing with documents and preparing for virtual court appearances (by phone or video)
- Get family law information, safety planning and other strategies from our family court survival workbook for women.
- See our Family Court Operations resource for tips on serving and filing documents and preparing for virtual court appearances (by phone or video)
- Watch our blog for recent case law, news and support strategies related to the pandemic and beyond
- Our family law webinars cover key family law issues for women
For information on family court operations, visit these sites. Our Virtual Legal Clinic offers women critical support when preparing for court.
- Ontario Court of Justice:
- Superior Court of Justice:
- Court Notice Finder: