Now more than ever, women and children experiencing violence need your help. Intimate partner violence has proven to be the pandemic within the pandemic around the world. While necessary, public health measures have involuntarily created profound distress for women and their children subjected to abuse.
- One in three women experience violence around the world
- Our Legal Support Workers have received 63 percent more requests for services from women
Thanks to YOU, our DONORS and PARTNERS, Luke’s Place responded quickly at the pandemic’s onset to meet increased demands for service and fill emerging gaps.
Thanks to you
With your support in 2020 we:
- Transitioned to virtual service delivery via telephone and video conferencing
- Expanded our Virtual Legal Clinic to serve more women across Ontario
- Developed timely and updated resources, including free webinars to community workers supporting survivors
Together, we can help her stay safe.
With YOUR support this Holiday Season, we can continue:
- Identifying new and revised approaches to meet survivors’ needs
- Adapting our space for safe in-person services
- Monitoring and responding to the impact of pandemic court operations and decisions as well as the use of technology on survivors’ safety and participation in the justice system
- Sharing updated court related information
And help her stay safe this holiday season!
- Donate online through CanadaHelps
- Donate online through PayPal
- Mail your cheque to:
707 Simcoe Street South, Box #3