In times of crisis, women fleeing abusive situations often require immediate family court orders to ensure the safety of themselves and their children. One way to do this is by filing an emergency motion, also known as an “ex parte” motion. Luke’s Place will be covering this topic at an upcoming CLEO webinar on Tuesday, October 17th from 12:00pm to 1:30pm.
This webinar will:
- explain emergency motions, including what they are and how long they last
- the process for getting an emergency order, including evidentiary requirements
- how to effectively support your clients during this challenging process
- Min Jin, Staff Lawyer, Luke’s Place
- Phebe Quaye, Program Manager, Luke’s Place
ASL Interpretation will be provided.