Luke’s Place Support & Resource Centre for Women & Children is an award-winning non-profit centre of excellence devoted to improving the safety and experience of women and their children as they proceed through the complex family court system after fleeing an abusive relationship. We are the only stand-alone family law support centre in Canada for women who have been subjected to intimate partner violence. We provide direct services to hundreds of women and their children in Durham Region and Ontario every year and share our expertise with thousands of service providers across the province through training programs, resources, tools, research, and mentoring.
Luke’s Place is currently expanding its board membership to enhance its provincial representation. We are seeking qualified and experienced feminist board members from across Ontario who:
- Support the mission and values of Luke’s Place
- Understand violence against women, especially as it relates to family law issues
- Have board governance skills and expertise, including strategic planning, organizational leadership and risk management
- Have commitment and skills to implement diversity, inclusion and equity frameworks
- Representation of the geographic, economic and social range of Ontario
Additionally, we are seeking influential applicants:
- With financial acumen and expertise
- With legal background and expertise
- General monthly time commitment of 5-7 hours (excluding special projects/initiatives such as strategic planning)
- Active participation on at least one committee (included in the time commitment listed)
- 2-year term with an option to renew
Luke’s Place, in accordance with its gender responsive anti-oppressive framework, welcomes and encourages applications from candidates of all races, ethnic origins, religions and sexual orientations.
We are committed to developing a membership that reflects the diversity our province. In adherence to the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, and Luke’s Place equity policy, accommodation will be provided during all parts of the recruitment process upon request to applicants with disabilities. Please advise if you require accommodation.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest, along with their curriculum vitae in confidence to the attention of Jacqueline Long, President, Board of Directors via Luke’s Place Executive Assistant, Kathryn Black at Kathryn@LukesPlace.ca