Thanks to YOU, Ontario women were able to access support with their family law issues and receive important information about ongoing changes to court operations and services over the last year.
As a result, more women had a better understanding of their legal rights, the family court process, and their legal issues. Women were more empowered to speak in court and to participate in other court processes and were better informed in planning and preparing for their case going forward. This was critical in achieving better and safer outcomes for them and their children.
Together we can help her stay safe!
Because of YOUR Support
910 Ontario women were supported in safely navigating the family court system after leaving an abusive relationship
295 pro bono legal clinic appointments were held – resulting in safer court outcomes for women and their children
1000+ women’s advocates across Canada accessed critical family law training – meaning more women have access to advocates who have been trained in how to support them through the family court process
28 new resources were created to support women’s legal advocates on how to support women fleeing intimate partner violence, including a number of updated and new toolkits, new national webinars, and e-learnings
With YOUR Support for 2024, women will receive
- access to an expanded and enhanced family law resource room, offering Durham women a safe and accessible space with computers, fax service, and internet for completing court documents and women across Ontario a virtual space to safely complete court documents and access resources
- critical and timely support for women needing to file an urgent or emergency motion and support for early follow-up court processes
- support to develop safety plans
- access to free summary legal advice through our Pro Bono Legal Clinic
- critical information through regular legal information sessions to help them understand their rights and navigate the family law system
Donate before January 1, 2024, to receive a charitable tax receipt for your 2023 tax return.
Help women stay safe this holiday season!