COVID 19: Luke’s Place services available by phone
Updated Apr. 8/20 – Luke’s Place Support & Resource Centre is committed to providing services to women who have been subjected to intimate partner violence while mitigating the risks associated with COVID-19.
Women in Durham Region
(Ajax, Brock, Clarington, Oshawa, Pickering, Scugog, Uxbridge and Whitby)
Contact us at 905-728-0978 x 221 Monday to Friday 9 am to noon and 1 to 4:30 pm for:
- Individual consultations over the phone with Legal/Family Court Support Workers
- Free family law legal advice available via phone or video conferencing
- Information and assistance with urgent and emergency motions
For women throughout Ontario
- Women can access a family law lawyer for free summary legal advice through our Virtual Legal Clinic. Connect with a local women’s organization to access this service. Find an organization here: https://www.sheltersafe.ca/ontario/
- Family Court Support Workers are available in communities throughout Ontario. Learn more about this service and find the one your area on this government site: https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/ovss/family_court_support_worker_program/
Other resources from Luke’s Place
- Safety tips for women living with an abusive person
- Family law and family court information and safety planning tools for women are available at FamilyCourtAndBeyond.ca
- Watch our webinars on family law and family violence
All of our office locations are closed to the public and face-to-face meetings, group programs and volunteer supports have been suspended.